This advanced level school is the tenth in the series.
This is a pedagogical school, aimed at bridging the gap between masters-level courses and topics in statistical physics at the frontline of current research. It is intended for Ph.D. students, post-doctoral fellows and interested faculty members at the college and university level. The following courses will be offered.
1. From classical elasticity to topological mechanics by Tom Lubensky (UPENN., USA)
2. Statistical physics of hard rods by Deepak Dhar (IISER, Pune)
3. Statistical physics of biological evolution by Joachim Krug (Cologne, Germany)
4. Random matrix theory and related topics by Satya N. Majumdar (Orsay, France)
5. Heat transport in low-dimensional systems by Abhishek Dhar (ICTS, Bangalore)
6. Extremes and records by Sanjib Sabhapandit (RRI, Bangalore)
Registration opens on 15 December 2018