The city of Bangalore in the southern state of Karnataka in India, because of the quality and diversity of its academic ecosystem, in every way fulfils the needs of ICTS.
Spread over 78,000 square metres in Shivakote, Hesaraghatta Hobli, North Bangalore, this world-class residential campus has been designed to provide office space and on-site accommodation for more than 150 academic members, including 75 visitors.
The campus facilities are:
- Seminar and Auditorium Complex: The Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar auditorium, the Srinivasa Ramanujan hall and the Madhava hall have a capacity of 300, 100, and 50 people respectively. Conference and lecture halls are equipped with high-end audio-video equipment for recording and broadcasting ICTS events.
- Turing hall which is the data centre with high-speed connectivity and extensive storage facility for big-data sciences.
- State-of-the-art computing and networking infrastructure.
- Healthcare, childcare and recreational facilities for members and visitors.
- A modern library, named after the linguist Panini, will provide access to books and electronic resources on advanced topics. The library is the most distinctive structure on campus with its spiral ramp leading to a dome, which reminds one of the magnificent Guggenheim Museum in New York.
The architectural design, created by Venkataramanan and Associates in close consultation with the academic members of ICTS provides space for maximum academic interactions. Learning can happen anywhere and therefore the campus architecture provides the landscape conducive to informal discussions and study and is bound to play a crucial role in making ICTS attractive as a place to work and live for it’s members and visitors.
The vital task of managing the construction project and associated processes is being executed by a team of engineers from the Directorate of Construction, Services & Estate Management (DCSEM) of the DAE. B.N.R. Prasanna, Project Engineer (BW) of DCSEM has played a key role in the supervision of the project. The agency responsible for the construction is JMC Projects (India) Ltd.
If you wish to reach us, click here.