This advanced level school is the ninth in the series.
This is a pedagogical school, aimed at bridging the gap between masters-level courses and topics in statistical physics at the frontline of current research. It is intended for Ph.D. students, post-doctoral fellows and interested faculty members at the college and university level. The following courses will be offered.
- Preparatory lecturers by Abhishek Dhar (ICTS) and Sanjib Sabhapandit (RRI)
- Stochastic density functional theory for interacting Brownian particles by David Dean (Bordeaux, France)
- Mechanics of wrinkling, folding, and crumpling by Narayanan Menon (UMASS, USA)
- Network Dynamics by Sandeep Krishna (NCBS) and Shashi Thutupalli (NCBS-ICTS)
- Quantum computation by Peter Young (UCSC, USA)
- Quantum chaos, random matrices and statistical physics by Arul Lakshminarayan (IIT Madras, Chennai)
- Interacting particle systems by Anupam Kundu (ICTS, Bangalore)
Registration opens on 15 November 2017