This advanced level school is the eighth in the series.
This is a pedagogical school, aimed at bridging the gap between masters-level courses and topics in statistical physics at the frontline of current research. It is intended for Ph.D. students, post-doctoral fellows and interested faculty members at the college and university level. The following courses will be offered.
- Preparatory lectures by Abhishek Dhar (ICTS) and Sanjib Sabhapandit (RRI)
- Conformal field theory and statistical mechanics by John Cardy (UC Berkeley, USA)
- Thermalization in quantum systems by Subroto Mukerjee (IISc, Bangalore)
- Statistical physics of active matter by (Sriram Ramaswamy (IISc, Bangalore)
- Non-equilibrium statistical physics: Introductory examples by Sidney Redner (Santa Fe USA)
- Macroscopic fluctuation theory by Tridib Sadhu (TIFR, Mumbai)
- Critical dynamics by Uwe C Täuber (Virginia Tech, USA)
Registration opens on 1 December 2016