2010 : PhD in Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
2006 : MS in Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
2003 : BSc in Physics, Presidency College, Calcutta University, Kolkata.
- Fluid, magnetohydrodynamic, passive-scalar, and Burgers turbulence.
- Inertial (finite-sized) particles in turbulent flows.
- Truncated systems, thermalization, and statistical mechanics of turbulent flows.
- Singularities in the Euler equation.
35. Inertial Ellipsoids in Homogeneous, Isotropic Turbulence,
A. Roy, A. Gupta, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
34. Light-cone spreading of perturbations and the butterfly effect in a classical spin chain,
A. Das, S. Chakrabarty, A. Dhar, A. Kundu, R. Moessner, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, and S. Bhattacharjee.
33. Droplets in isotropic turbulence: deformation and breakup statistics,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray and D. Vincenzi.
Journal of Fluid Mechanics (in press) ArXiv: 1712:07885 (2018).
32. Non-intermittent Turbulence: Chaos and Irreversibility,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
31. Exotic multifractal conductance fluctuations in graphene,
K. R. Amin, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, N. Pal, R. Pandit, and A. Bid.
Communications Physics 1, 1 (2018).
30. Revisiting the SABRA model: Statics and Dynamics,
R. Tom and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Europhysics Letters 120, 34002 (2018)
29. An overview of the statistical properties of two-dimensional turbulence in fluids with particles, conducting fluids, fluids with polymer additives, binary-fluid mixtures, and superfluids,
R. Pandit, D. Banerjee, A. Bhatnagar, M.-E. Brachet, A. Gupta, D. Mitra, N. Pal, P. Perlekar, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, V. Shukla, and D. Vincenzi.
Physics of Fluids 29, 111112 (2017).
28. Enhanced droplet collision rates and impact velocities in turbulent flows: The effect of polydispersity and transient phases,
M. James and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Scientific Reports 7, 12231 (2017).
27. The onset of thermalisation in finite-dimensional equations of hydrodynamics,
D. Venkataraman and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Proceedings of the Royal Society A 473, 20160585 (2017)
26. Semi-flexible particles in isotropic turbulence,
A. Ali, E. L. C. M. Plan, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, and D. Vincenzi.
Physical Review Fluids (Rapid) 1, 082402(R) (2016)
25. Lagrangian Statistics for Navier-Stokes Turbulence under Fourier-mode reduction: Fractal and Homogeneous Decimations,
M. Buzzicotti, A. Bhatnagar, L. Biferale, A. Lanotte and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
New Journal of Physics 18, 113047 (2016)
24. Dynamic multiscaling of magnetohydrodynamic turbulence,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray, G. Sahoo, and R. Pandit.
Physical Review E 94, 053101 (2016)
23. Elastic turbulence in a shell model of polymer solution,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray and D. Vincenzi.
Europhysics Letters 114, 44001 (2016)
22. Intermittency in fractal Fourier hydrodynamics: Lessons from the Burgers equation,
M. Buzzicotti, L. Biferale, U. Frisch and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Physical Review E 93, 033109 (2016)
21. Abrupt growth of large aggregates by correlated coalescences in turbulent flow,
J. Bec, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, E.-W. Saw and H. Homann.
Physical Review E (Rapid) 93, 031102(R) (2016)
20. Effect of inertia on Model Flocks in a Turbulent Environment,
A. Choudhary, D. Venkataraman, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Europhysics Letters, 112, 24005 (2015)
19. Thermalised solutions, statistical mechanics and turbulence: An overview of some recent results,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Perspectives in Nonlinear Dynamics, Pramana - Journal of Physics, 84, 395 (2015)
18. Extreme fluctuations of the relative velocities between droplets in a turbulent airflow,
E.-W. Saw, G. P. Bewley, E. Bodenschatz, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, and J. Bec.
Physics of Fluids Letters, 26, 111702 (2014)
17. Transition from dissipative to conservative dynamics in equations of hydrodynamics,
D. Banerjee and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Physical Review E (Rapid), 90, 041001(R) (2014)
16. Gravity-driven enhancement of heavy particle clustering in turbulent flow,
J. Bec, H. Homann, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Physical Review Letters 112, 184501 (2014)
15. Multiscaling in Hall-Magnethydrodynamic Turbulence: Insights from a Shell Model,
D. Banerjee, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, G. Sahoo, and R. Pandit.
Physical Review Letters 111, 174501 (2013)
14. Sticky elastic collisions,
J. Bec, S. Musacchio, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Physical Review E 87, 063013 (2013)
13. Real-space Manifestations of Bottlenecks in Turbulence Spectra,
U. Frisch, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, G. Sahoo, D. Banerjee, and R. Pandit.
Physical Review Letters 110, 064501 (2013)
12. Turbulence in non-integer dimensions by fractal Fourier decimation,
U. Frisch, A. Pomyalov, I. Procaccia, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Physical Review Letters 108, 074501 (2012)
11. Nelkin scaling for the Burgers equation and the role of high-precision calculations,
S. Chakraborty, U. Frisch, W. Pauls, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Physical Review E (Rapid Communications) 85, 015301(R) (2012)
10. Dynamic Multiscaling in Two-dimensional Fluid Turbulence,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray, D. Mitra, P. Perlekar, and R. Pandit.
Physical Review Letters 107, 184503 (2011)
9. Universality of scaling and multiscaling in turbulent symmetric binary fluids,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray and A. Basu.
Physical Review E 84, 036316 (2011)
8. Resonance phenomenon for the Galerkin-truncated Burgers and Euler equations,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray, U. Frisch, S. Nazarenko, and T. Matsumoto.
Physical Review E 84, 016301 (2011)
7. The Persistence Problem in Two-Dimensional Fluid Turbulence,
P. Perlekar, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, D. Mitra, and R. Pandit.
Physical Review Letters 106, 054501 (2011)
6. Entire solutions of hydrodynamical equations with exponential dissipation,
C. Bardos, U. Frisch, W. Pauls, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, and E. S. Titi.
Communications in Mathematical Physics 293, 519 (2010)
5. Extended Self Similarity works for the Burgers equation and why,
S. Chakraborty, U. Frisch, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Journal of Fluid Mechanics 649, 275 (2010)
4. Statistical Properties of Turbulence: An Overview,
R. Pandit, P. Perlekar, and Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
Pramana - Journal of Physics 73, 157 (2009)
3. Dynamic Multiscaling in Turbulence,
R. Pandit, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, and D. Mitra.
European Physics Journal B 64, 463 (2008)
2. The Universality of Dynamic Multiscaling in Homogeneous, Isotropic Navier-Stokes and Passive-Scalar Turbulence,
Samriddhi Sankar Ray, D. Mitra, and R.Pandit.
New Journal of Physics 10, 033003 (2008)
1. Hyperviscosity, Galerkin truncation and bottlenecks in turbulence,
U. Frisch, S. Kurien, R. Pandit, W. Pauls, Samriddhi Sankar Ray, A. Wirth, and J-Z Zhu.
Physical Review Letters 101, 144501 (2008)