The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India) is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven individual for appointment to the post of Project Accounts Officer under the unreserved category at its Bengaluru Campus. The candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate in Commerce with advanced Accountancy, Auditing and Income-Tax as subjects with 60% marks.
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and applications.
- Diploma in Finance and Accounts or in a related area with 5 years’ experience in Grade Pay of Rs 4200/4600/4800 or with equivalent TME (total monthly emolument).
6 years experience in Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/4600/4800 or with equivalent TME (total monthly emolument).
- Work experience in dealing with accounts matters viz. Government of India rules & procedures, in a medium or larger organization, preferably in a similar academic / research institution.
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Knowledge of statutory dues e.g. TDS, GST etc.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g MS excel, MS word etc and in Tally, accounting software.
- Working as an integral part of the ICTS accounts and administrative team, the incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership in financial operations for the day-to-day activities of the Centre. The position manages a team and is responsible for all functions related to bookkeeping, accounting and finance management. The incumbent will require exceptional leadership qualities and negotiating, influencing and communication skills, coupled with an ability to build strong relationships with members of the Centre.
- Key duties also involve (but are not restricted to): to provide necessary support for administering financial aspects of all activities of the Centre as per norms, to prepare annual budgets of the Centre, to generate periodic estimates and expenditure statements, to supervise processing of bills, to maintain their records and to carry out finalization of accounts and audits, to provide necessary support for administering financial aspects of the extramural grants as per the terms of the grant and issue utilization certificates and any other task assigned by Centre Director ICTS.
Salary: Rs.71,000/ month (Consolidated).
No. of Positions: 01 (One)
Tenure: This is a temporary, fixed tenure post. Initial appointment will be for one year which may be extended upto maximum 3 years or completion of the project whichever is earlier, depending upon the individual’s performance and the requirements of the Centre. Selected candidate will be required to join immediately.
Upper Age Limit: Below 40 years (as on 1st July. 2019).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should report for the selection process on Wednesday, 23 October 2019 at 10:00 am with a copy of their CV and relevant original certificates stating the educational qualifications, experience along with a photocopy of these documents.
Location: ICTS campus, Hesaraghatta, Bengaluru (please report at the main reception on arrival).
Candidates without ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’ will be disqualified.
The Centre reserves the right to not fill this post or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
Administrative Officer - Establishment