International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of TIFR is looking for a highly motivated, self driven individual for the post of Technical Assistant.
Position: Technical Assistant (IT)
No. of posts: 1
3 year Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering OR B.Sc (Computer Science) OR Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the tasks described in the job profile.
Tenure: Initial appointment will be for one year which may be extended one year at a time for a total of 3 years (including the initial year) depending upon the performance.
Skills required: Desktop computer maintenance technicians need to have good problem solving skills and must be able to work independently; should be well versed in Windows, Linux and Mac operating system (installation, configuration & troubleshooting); should be a good team player and should have good communication skills. Candidates with certifications such as CCENT, CCNA, RHCE, ready to take additional challenges and ability to quickly analyze and diagnose the problem. will be preferred.
- Laptop/desktop Deployments and Break/Fix (Linux, Windows and Macs)
- Printer Deployments and Break/Fix
- IT Equipment and Supplies Procurement
- Hardware/Software installs and upgrades
- Software/hardware/network(LAN/WAN) troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCPIP/DHCP/DNS/LDAP/SSL/HTTP) for the purposes of troubleshooting.
- Manage setup and distribution of new workstations/laptops/printers.
- Assembling and installation of desktops, keeping all the systems up-to-date with patches and security fixes, and helping out end-users do their job more efficiently.
Upper Age limit: 30 years (as on 1.9.2017), may be relaxed based on higher qualifications and/or experience.
Location: ICTS campus in Hesaraghatta
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience, qualification and potential. The selected candidate will be required to join immediately.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should report for a written test on 22nd September 2017 with a copy of their CV and relevant original certificates stating the education qualifications, experience and any other relevant documents along with their photocopies.
Date: 22nd September 2017
Time: 10.30 am
Venue: ICTS campus in Hesaraghatta (please report at the main reception on arrival)
The institute reserves the right not to fill any post herein advertised or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.