International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India) is seeking ‘HPC Interns’ to work closely with the high-throughput and high- performance computing frameworks, high-performance file systems and software defined storage solutions, and to interact closely with the scientists working on high- performance computing and big data. ICTS provides exciting and challenging opportunities for young professionals and a pleasant work environment.
- To work on high-throughput and high-performance computing frameworks, high-performance file systems and software defined storage solutions
- To work with the team to build HPC/HTC clusters and storages using various Open Source tools
- To work with the team to manage, monitor, and optimize multiple HPC services
- To create and maintain technical documentation
- BCA/BTech/BE in Computer Science/ Information Science (or equivalent – see skills)
- Strong background in C programming, scripting in Bash, Python and Perl, experience in administering unix-systems, MySQL databases, etc., will be especially appreciated
- Ability to operate independently and proactively with minimal upfront instruction and take ownership of work product; driven, diligent, and self-motivated
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are available for full time (in-office) internship
- can start the internship between Dec'18 and Jun'19
- are available for duration of 6-12 months
- have relevant skills and interests
- are Computer/Information Science Engineering students
Tenure: Initial appointment will be for 6 months, which may be extended based on the overall performance of the intern.
Stipend: Rs. 9000 /Month
Start Date: Immediately
Application is open till 18th Dec. 2018
Location: ICTS campus, Hesaraghatta, Bengaluru.