A. Accommodation and Food
- Food (breakfast, lunch, coffee, dinner) for all speakers and all participants will be provided by the Glass School.
- Also, the Glass School will take care of accommodation for all speakers and all registered outstation participants.
- Default duration for accommodation arrangements: Jan 3-21, 2010 (one day before the school starts and one day after the school ends.)
- Arriving earlier: Accommodation will be arranged in the cases where we have prior information.
1. Place of stay
The accommodation for the speakers has been arranged at the I-House, JNCASR Jakkur campus.
The accommodation for student participants coming from outside Bangalore has been arranged on room-sharing basis, at
a. Visiting Students' Hostel (VSH) at JNCASR, Jakkur campus
b. Jawahar Visitors' House (JVH), Indian Institute of Sciene campus
For addresses, see the accommodation page.
2. How much to pay for accommodation and food?
The Glass School will take care of the accommodation for registered outstation participants. There will be no extra charge for accommodation.
3. I am a participant from Bangalore. Will I get Accommodation?
4. I am a participant from outside Bangalore. I am coming with family members. Will he or she be provided accommodation ?
We have arranged accommodation for the registered participants only. We will not be able to provide accommodation for his/her family members.
5. I am a participant to the school. I arrive at Bangalore in the midnight. Will the hostel be open at midnight?
6. I am a participant to the school. I arrive at Bangalore on Sunday. Will the place of accommodation be open?
7. Will there be internet access in the place of accommodation?
I-house has wi-fi connection. So guests at I-house with laptop will be able to access internet.
Wi-fi access is also available at the school venue (AMRL conference hall). Specific other requests should be sent to us in advance and we will try to accommodate them.
B. Transport arrangement
- The speakers will be picked up from the airport.
- The student participants have to arrange for the transport from airport / railway station to the place of accommodation.
- During the school, transport will be arranged to and from the school venue for all registered participants who are staying at JVH, and other participants wishing to commute from the Indian Institute of Science campus. The bus timings will be put up on the school webpage.
1. I am a participant of the school arriving at the airport. How do I reach the place of accommodation?
You are advised to take a taxi. Ask for pre-paid or post-paid taxi facilities available at the airport. The route map for reaching JNCASR and JVH is here.
2. Can I take a bus? What are the bus schedules?
We do not advise you to take buses from airport if you are coming in the middle of night.
3. Can I exchange money to Indian Rupee at the airport, even if I arrive in the middle of night?
The airport has currency exchanges and you can also use your credit/bank card at the ATMs. For more details see below.
4. I am a participant arriving at the railway station. How do I reach the place of accommodation?
- If you are arriving at the City railway station and going to JVH, take a pre-paid auto from the railway station.
- If you are going to VSH (JNCASR), you can also take a BMTC bus from the Majestic bus stand which is opposite to City railway station.Bus No. 286D directly goes to JNCASR (Nehru Centre). You can also take any bus going to "Yelahanka" and get down at "Byatyaryanpura" stoppage. From there take an auto to reach JNCASR (JN Centre).
- If you are arriving at the Yeswantpura railway station and going to VSH (JNCASR), take an auto to reach "Mekhri Circle". From there take any bus going to "Yelahanka" and get down at "Byatyaryanpura" stoppage. From there take an auto to reach JNCASR.
- From Yeswantpura railway station, JVH is about 1km. You can take a pre-paid auto to reach the Gymkhana gate of the Indian Institute of Science (Tata Institute) campus.
1. What is the overall structure of the programme?
Please see the programme schedule
2. May I get a contact No. (in case of emergency )
In case of emergency call JNCASR Security : +91 080 2208 2800
3. Can I get a formal receipt for the registration fee?
4. Will there be white / black board available on the conference hall?
There are two white boards in the AMRL Conference Hall (venue of the lecture). Additional white boards can be arranged if necessary.
5. Can I use my own laptop to deliver the talk?