International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India) is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals for appointment to the post of Scientific Assistant (B) under unreserved category at its Bangalore Campus.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 years of Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering/ B.Sc (Computer Science)/ Bachelor of Computer Application with 60% marks aggregate from a recognised University/ Institute.
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
- Minimum two years of experience in a large and reputed academic/ research organization in the similar job profile detailed below.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and Mac operating system (installation, configuration & troubleshooting).
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
This job profile broadly includes the following major functions:
- to setup and deploy new workstations/ laptops/ printers and Break/ Fix (Linux, Windows and Macs);
- to setup and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for seminars, discussion meetings and public lectures;
- to install and upgrade hardwares/ softwares;
- to assist with the procurement process of IT/ AV equipment and its supplies;
- to independently carry out troubleshooting of software/ hardware/ network (LAN/ WAN) by applying basic knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCPIP/ DHCP/ DNS/ LDAP/ SSL/ HTTP);
- to keep all the systems up-to-date with patches and security fixes and provide appropriate IT/AV assistance to the end-users as and when required.
Location: ICTS Campus, Bangalore
Scale of Pay: Level 6 of 7 CPC
Upper Age Limit: 28 years (as on 01.01.2018) = born on or after 01 January 1990
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications ONLINE ONLY at the ICTS website latest by 2nd July, 2018.
Candidates who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation. Their applications by post must reach Establishment Cell (address given below) by 2nd July, 2018 and must superscribe the post applied for, serial no. of the post and advertisement no. on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for online applications.
Incomplete applications and applications without photocopy of certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in recruitment process only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority.
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for essential qualifications and experience will have to appear for a selection process. The final selection will be based on the overall performance in this process.
Appointment for the post will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately. Institute reserves the right not to fill the post herein advertised or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
ICTS campus, Survey No. 151, Shivakote Village, Hesaraghatta Hobli, North Bangalore 560089.
Contact: +91 80 6730 6000, +91 80 4653 6000