The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (ICTS-TIFR), Bangalore invites applications from highly motivated and qualified individuals to work at the ICTS high performance computing center. Selected candidates will have the chance to work on state-of-the-art computing systems and technology and to work closely with scientists working on frontier research areas. ICTS has research groups in climate modeling, complex systems, gravitational wave astronomy, etc, and hosts a LIGO Tier-3 grid computing center.
Position: Technical Support Engineer (HPC/Networking)
Minimum qualification: B Tech / BE / MCA / MSc
Minimum experience: 0 - 6 months
Tenure: Initial appointment will be for six months which may be extended depending upon the performance.
- Experience in administering Debian and Red Hat Linux systems, including the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, VPN, etc), and Linux networking (TCP/IP protocols).
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience (preferably in large-scale high performance computing environments).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in scripting in perl/python/bash and programming in C/Fortran/CUDA.
- Experience with Linux kernel modules, preferably for NVIDIA GPUs, and Mellanox InfiniBand cards.
- Familiarity with the cluster resource managers such as openPBS and HTCondor.
- Experience with MPI and openMP. Familiarity with using and troubleshooting Intel and GNU compilers.
- Experience with the installation and administration of Lustre and ZFS file systems.
- Experience with tools to deploy and manage HPC clusters, such as FAI, ROCKS, OpenHPC, Nagios, etc.
- Monitoring, management and optimization of the data center facility and HPC clusters (including hardware and software).
- Provide user support for technical issues, code optimization, data management, etc.
- Active involvement in the expansion of the computing facilities and the associated infrastructure, expected in the near future.
- Documentation of the HPC environment as well as documenting system administration policies and procedures.
Age: 30 years
Age criteria will be relaxed appropriately for candidates with higher work experience (relevant) then essential experience required for the post.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience, qualification and potential. The selected candidate will be required to join immediately.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
Last date for submission of the online application is 24 May 2017.
Candidates may use the ICTS shuttles from the IISC or NCBS campus. Bus schedule is available on the ICTS website.
The institute reserves the right not to fill any post herein advertised or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.