International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India) is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals for appointment to the post of Scientific Assistant B - Web Developer (Temporary) under unreserved category at its Bengaluru Campus. ICTS provides exciting and challenging opportunities for young professionals and a pleasant work environment. The candidates should have the following qualifications and experience.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 years of Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering/ B.Sc (Computer Science)/ Bachelor of Computer Application with 60% marks aggregate from a recognised University/ Institute.
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
- Minimum two years of experience in a job profile similar to the one detailed below.
- Hands on Drupal experience (preferred versions 7); strong experience in customizing existing modules and creating custom modules; hands-on experience in Drupal theme creation from HTML would be appreciated.
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL; experience in using caching tools and working on optimizing the database.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently; candidates with good communication and documentation skills will be preferred.
- Candidate will be responsible for upkeep and smooth functionality of the website which involves maintenance of Drupal websites.
- Updating data on the websites.
- Developing/customizing modules on Drupal websites as per requirements.
- Understanding the requirement of users and mapping them into technical document for developing website.
- Testing the web modules independently.
- Liaising with users of website.
- Clear understanding of complete website hosting.
- Additional features and upgradation of the website; maintenance of current and upcoming websites, web portals and web services.
- Monitor security and, track, compile, and analyze web site usage/ traffic data and provide data as and when required.
- Working with scientists, designers and content writers for continued improvement of the ICTS digital presence.
- Mentoring of interns on web-related tasks.
Salary: Rs. 45,500/ month (Consolidated).
Tenure: This is a temporary, fixed tenure post. Initial appointment will be for six months which may be extended upto 1 year maximum depending upon the individual’s performance and the requirements of the Centre. Selected candidate will be required to join immediately.
Upper Age Limit: 28 years (as on 1st Jan. 2018).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should report for the selection process on 12 November 2018 at 10:00 am with a copy of their CV and relevant original certificates stating the educational qualifications, experience along with a photocopy of these documents.
Location: ICTS campus, Hesaraghatta, Bengaluru (please report at the main reception on arrival).
Candidates may use the ICTS shuttles from the IISc or NCBS campus. The bus schedule is available on the ICTS website.
The Centre reserves the right to not fill this post or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
Administrative Officer - Establishment