International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India) is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals for appointment to the post of Scientific Officer C - Web Developer (Temporary) under unreserved category at its Bengaluru Campus. The candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering (BE/B.Tech with 60% marks) OR Post Graduate in Science (60% marks).
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of experience in a job profile similar to the one detailed below.
- Preferred qualification - BE/B.Tech in Computer/ Information Science
- Hands on Drupal experience (version 7 preferred); strong experience in customizing existing modules and creating custom modules; hands-on experience in Drupal theme creation from HTML would be appreciated.
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL; experience in using caching tools and working on optimizing the database.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently; candidates with good communication and documentation skills will be preferred.
- Exposure to audio /video processing and web based Audio-Visual content delivery will be an added advantage.
- Manage all aspects of the web development team, including appropriate line and project management.
- Develop and oversee the development processes ensuring that the web development team develops systems/ code to agreed timescales, quality and in line with their agreed priorities.
- Upkeep smooth functionality of the website which involves maintenance of Drupal websites.
- Update data on the websites.
- Develop/ customize modules on Drupal websites as per requirements.
- Liaise and understand the requirement of users and mapping it into technical document for developing website.
- Clear understanding of complete website hosting. Monitor security and, track, compile, and analyze web site usage/ traffic data and provide data as and when required.
- Work with scientists, designers and content writers for continued improvement of the ICTS digital presence.
- Build, test, implement and maintain web-based applications/ services, troubleshoot web application and infrastructure problems to reach resolution as required.
- Discuss and recommend technical developments to improve the quality of our website/ portal and supporting infrastructure.
- Ensure that technical documentation is created and maintained with a high standard.
- Develop an understanding of existing information systems and consider opportunities for future development for web/portal solutions. Additional features and upgradation of the website; maintenance of current and upcoming websites, web portals and web services.
- Keep abreast of new technology for future-proofing applications and infrastructure, sharing knowledge with colleagues as appropriate
- Mentor junior staff and interns on web-related tasks.
Salary: Rs. 74,000/ month (Consolidated).
Job Type: Temporary (fixed tenure post).
Upper Age Limit: 28 years (as on 1st Jan. 2019).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications ONLINE ONLY at the ICTS website latest by 15th March, 2019.
Tenure: Initial appointment will be for one year which may be extended depending upon the individual’s performance and the requirements of the Centre. Selected candidate will be required to join immediately.
The Centre reserves the right to not fill this post or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
Administrative Officer - Establishment
Candidates without ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’ will be disqualified.