International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India) is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals for appointment to the post of Scientific Assistant B - Web Developer (Temporary) under unreserved category at its Bengaluru Campus. ICTS provides exciting and challenging opportunities for young professionals and a pleasant work environment. The candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Science Graduate (60% marks) OR SSC/HSC and Diploma in Engineering (60% marks).
- Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
- Minimum 0 - 2 years of experience in Web development in a large/ reputed organization.
- Hands on Drupal experience (version 7 preferred); strong experience in customizing existing modules and creating custom modules; hands-on experience in Drupal theme creation from HTML.
- Experience in using caching tools and working on optimizing the database.
- Clear understanding of complete website hosting.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Responsible for upkeep and smooth functionality of the website which involves maintenance of Drupal websites.
- Update data on the websites.
- Develop/ customize modules on Drupal websites as per requirements.
- Understand the requirement of users and mapping them into technical document for developing website.
- Test the web modules independently.
- Liaise with the users of website.
- Design additional features and upgrade the website.
- Maintenance of the current and upcoming websites, web portals and web services.
- Monitor security and, track, compile, and analyze web site usage/ traffic data and provide data as and when required;
- Work with scientists, designers and content writers for continued improvement of the ICTS digital presence;
- Mentor interns on the web-related tasks.
Salary: Rs. 45,500/ month (Consolidated).
Job Type: Temporary (fixed tenure post).
Upper Age Limit: 28 years (as on 1st Jan. 2019).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications ONLINE ONLY at the ICTS website latest by 15th March, 2019.
Tenure: Initial appointment will be for six months which may be extended* depending upon the individual’s performance and the requirements of the Centre. Selected candidate will be required to join immediately.
The Centre reserves the right to not fill this post or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
Administrative Officer - Establishment
*upto 1 year maximum
Candidates without ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’ will be disqualified.