This school is the thirteenth in the series. The school this year will be conducted in the hybrid mode. Local participants in Bangalore can attend the school in-person. We expect that a few lectures will be delivered in-person.
This is a pedagogical school, aimed at bridging the gap between masters-level courses and topics in statistical physics at the forefront of current research. It is intended for Ph.D. students, post-doctoral fellows and interested faculty members. The following courses will be offered.
- Statistical physics of Turbulence — Jérémie Bec (Université Côte d’Azur, Nice)
- Spin glasses — Chandan Dasgupta (ICTS and IISc, Bangalore)
- Stochastic chemical reaction networks — Supriya Krishnamurthy (Stockholm University, Stockholm)
- Pattern formation in Biology — Vijaykumar Krishnamurthy (ICTS, Bangalore)
- Stochastic Gradient Descent and Machine Learning — Praneeth Netrapalli (Google Research India, Bangalore)
- Statistical physics of long-range systems — Stefano Ruffo (SISSA, Trieste) and Nicolò Defenu (ETH Zürich, Zürich)
You need to register even if you intend to attend only a few of the lecture sets.
ICTS is committed to building an environment that is inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming of diverse individuals. We especially encourage the participation of women and other under-represented groups.