Srikanth Sastry is a Professor at the Theoretical Sciences Unit Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research. He obtained his PhD in Physics from the Boston University in 1993
1. Statistical mechanics of liquids.
2. Slow dynamics and routes to structural arrest in supercooled liquids and related systems (colloids, gels, granular material).
3. Thermodynamics aspects of glassy systems.
4. The energy landscape approach.
5. The glass transition.
6. Glass forming ability.
7. Kinetics of phase transformations.
8. Mechanical properties of glasses.
9. Anomalous thermodynamic and dynamical properties, liquid-liquid phase transitions in water and other network forming liquids.
10. Statistical mechanics of biomolecular systems.
11. Computational study of phase behavior, equilibrium properties, dynamics and phase transformations in disordered condensed matter.