PEOPLE Graduate Student
International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru
+91 80 4653 6162
- Transport in Turbulence: Aspects of dynamics of long filaments in turbulent flows.
- Active Turbulence: Study of emergent chaotic dynamics in active flows (such as dense bacterial suspensions).
Thesis Advisor: Samriddhi Sankar Ray
- Sedimenting Elastic Filaments in Turbulent Flows
Rahul Kumar Singh, J. R. Picardo, and S. S. Ray.
- Lagrangian Manifestation of Anomalies in Active Turbulence
Rahul Kumar Singh, S. Mukherjee, and S. S. Ray.
Physical Review Fluids 7, 033101 (2022).
- Anomalous Diffusion and Levy Walks Distinguish Active Turbulence from Inertial Turbulence
S. Mukherjee, Rahul Kumar Singh, M. James, and S. S. Ray.
Physical Review Letters 127, 118001 (2021) [Editors' Suggestion].
Featured in Physics: [Physics 14, s116 (2021)] Bacteria That Shove Harder, Move Further
- Elastoinertial chains in a two-dimensional turbulent flow
Rahul Kumar Singh, M. Gupta, J. R. Picardo, D. Vincenzi, and S. S. Ray.
Physical Review E 101, 053105 (2020).
- Dynamics of a long chain in turbulent flows: impact of vortices
J. R. Picardo, Rahul Kumar Singh, S. S. Ray, and D. Vincenzi.
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 378, 20190405 (2020).