I completed my Master's (M.Sc) in Physics from IIT Madras and obtained my Ph.D. In 2016 from the department of Physics at IIT Kharagpur. My dissertation for Doctor of Philosophy degree entitled “Patterns and bifurcations in low-Prandtl-number Rayleigh-Bénard convection with slow rotation” was carried out under the supervision of Prof. K. Kumar of the department of Physics at IIT Kharagpur. During my Ph.D. I learnt few techniques like Pseudo-Spectral method and Galerkin technique and my research involved both computational and analytical methods.
I joined ICTS as a post-doctoral fellow in April 2017 and I will be working with Prof. Rama Govindarajan and Dr. Samriddhi Sankar Ray.
- Ph.D. , Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (2008-2016).
- M.Sc. (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Physics, University of Calcutta.
- Post doctoral fellow, Fluid dynamics group , International Center for Theoretical Sciences -TIFR (April 2017 - present).
- Faculty, Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (July 2016-April 2017).
- P. Maity, R. Govindarajan, and S. S. Ray, Statistics of Lagrangian Trajectories in a Rotating Turbulent Flow (submitted) (2019).
- P. Maity and K. Kumar, Zero-Prandtl-number convection with slow rotation, Phys. Fluids. 26, 104103 (2014).
- P. Maity, K. Kumar, and P. Pal, Homoclinic bifurcations in low-Prandtl-number Rayleigh-Bénard convection with uniform rotation, Europhys. Lett. 103 64003 (2013) .
- P. Pal, K. Kumar, P. Maity, and S. K. Dana, Pattern dynamics near inverse homoclinic bifurcation in fluids, Phys. Rev. E 87, 023001 (2013).(DOI:https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.87.023001)