PEOPLE Postdoctoral Fellow
International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru
Area of Research: Fluid dynamics, non-linear dynamics
+91 80 4653 6251
- Turbulent flows - Lagrangian statistics, Rotating turbulence.
- Buoyancy driven flows - Rayleigh - Bénard convection.
- Pattern fomration in fluids.
- Ph.D. , Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (2008-2016).
- M.Sc. (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Physics, University of Calcutta.
- Post doctoral fellow, Fluid dynamics group , International Center for Theoretical Sciences -TIFR (April 2017 - present).
- Faculty, Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (July 2016-April 2017).
- P. Maity, R. Govindarajan, and S. S. Ray, Statistics of Lagrangian Trajectories in a Rotating Turbulent Flow, Phys. Rev. E.. 100, 043110 (2019).
( https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.100.043110 )
- P. Maity and K. Kumar, Zero-Prandtl-number convection with slow rotation, Phys. Fluids. 26, 104103 (2014).
- P. Maity, K. Kumar, and P. Pal, Homoclinic bifurcations in low-Prandtl-number Rayleigh-Bénard convection with uniform rotation, Europhys. Lett. 103 64003 (2013) .
- P. Pal, K. Kumar, P. Maity, and S. K. Dana, Pattern dynamics near inverse homoclinic bifurcation in fluids, Phys. Rev. E 87, 023001 (2013).(https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.87.023001)