International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India) is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to work at the ICTS high performance computing center. Selected candidates will have the chance to work on state-of-the-art computing systems and technology and to work closely with scientists working on frontier research areas. ICTS has research groups in climate modeling, complex systems, gravitational wave astronomy, etc, and hosts a LIGO Tier-3 grid computing center.
Position: Project Scientific Officer ‘C’ (HPC/ Networking)
Essential Qualification & Experience:
- B Tech /BE /MCA /MSc in Computer Science with 60 % marks (aggregate) from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in similar work profile detailed below.
- Experience in administering Debian and Red Hat Linux systems, including the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, VPN, etc), and Linux networking (TCP/IP protocols).
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience (preferably in large-scale high performance computing environments).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in scripting in perl/python/bash and programming in C/Fortran/CUDA.
- Experience with Linux kernel modules, preferably for NVIDIA GPUs, and Mellanox InfiniBand cards.
- Familiarity with the cluster resource managers such as openPBS and HTCondor.
- Experience with MPI and openMP. Familiarity with using and troubleshooting Intel and GNU compilers.
- Experience with the installation and administration of Lustre and ZFS file systems.
- Experience with tools to deploy and manage HPC clusters, such as FAI, ROCKS, OpenHPC, Nagios, etc.
- Monitoring, management and optimization of the data center facility and HPC clusters (including hardware and software).
- Provide user support for technical issues, code optimization, data management, etc.
- Active involvement in the expansion of the computing facilities and the associated infrastructure, expected in the near future.
- Documentation of the HPC environment as well as documenting system administration policies and procedures.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's experience, qualification and as per Centre’s norms. Selected candidate will be required to join as soon as possible.
Tenure: Initial appointment will be for one year which may be extended depending upon the individual’s performance and requirement of the Centre.
Upper Age Limit: 28 years (as on 1.6.2018), may be relaxed based on higher qualifications and/ or experience.
Location: ICTS campus, Hesaraghatta, Bangalore
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online. Last date for submission of the online application is 4th July 2018. Short listed candidates will be notified by email to appear for the further recruitment process.
The Centre reserves the right not to fill any post herein advertised or fill more vacancies. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
Administrative Officer - Establishment