The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research centre (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India and a Deemed University) invites applications for the Scientific Officer C - High Performance Computing post (1 no.) at ICTS, Bangalore under unreserved category.
Essential Qualification & Experience:
- Full time Masters degree in Science (with an aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized university/ institute in Computer Science/ Application OR Full time degree in Engineering (BE/ B.Tech with aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized university/ institute in Computer Application.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a job profile similar to the one detailed below.
- Experience in administering Debian and Red Hat Linux systems, including the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, VPN, etc), and Linux networking (TCP/IP protocols).
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience (preferably in large-scale high performance computing environments).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in scripting in perl/python/bash and programming in C/Fortran/CUDA.
- Experience with Linux kernel modules, preferably for NVIDIA GPUs, and Mellanox InfiniBand cards.
- Familiarity with the cluster resource managers such as openPBS and HTCondor.
- Experience with MPI and openMP. Familiarity with using and troubleshooting Intel and GNU compilers.
- Experience with the installation and administration of Lustre and ZFS file systems.
- Experience with tools to deploy and manage HPC clusters, such as FAI, ROCKS, OpenHPC, Nagios, etc.
- Monitoring, management and optimization of the data center facility and HPC clusters (including hardware and software).
- Provide user support for technical issues, code optimization, data management, etc.
- Active involvement in the expansion of the computing facilities and the associated infrastructure, expected in the near future.
- Documentation of the HPC environment as well as documenting system administration policies and procedures.
- Any other task given by the Centre Director.
Level in Pay Matrix: Pay Level 10; Pay Stage 1.
Age Limit: Below 28 years (prescribed age should not exceed as on July 1, 2019).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their applications ONLINE latest by 4th January, 2020. After filling the application, take a print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT APPLICATION” and send the same duly signed to Establishment, ICTS-TIFR, Survey No. 151, Shivakote, Hesaraghatta Hobli, Bengaluru - 560 089, India, along with self attested hard copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, etc. by 8th January, 2020. The last date to fill online application is 4th January, 2020.
- The above post is tenable at ICTS-TIFR, Bengaluru, but is liable to be transferred to other Centres/Field Stations of the Institute, if required.
- Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates.
- Incomplete applications, applications without photocopy of certificate in support of age, educational qualifications, experience, etc. and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen,persons with benchmark disabilities etc.). [SC,ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
- Applicants in Government/ Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called,will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post.
- Only those called for interview will be informed of the results and no interim correspondence of any kind will be entertained.
- Post/s for general category (Unreserved) – SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD candidates can also apply.
NOTE : The candidates are required to produce the following original documents with copies at the time of recruitment process :
- Printout of online application form.
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/ ElectionCard/ PANCard/ Passport/ DrivingLicense).
- Date of birth/ Proof of age.
- Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates). In case Universities/ Board award letter grades/CGPA/OGPA, the same will have to be indicated as an equivalent percentage of marks as per the norms adopted by the University/Board. In the absence of the same, the candidature will not be considered (while submitting original documents for verification, the candidates will have to produce the norms of the University/Board for conversion of grades/CGPA/OGPA to equivalent percentage of marks).
- Experience certificate/s.
- Conduct certificates from two respectable persons.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid three tier AC return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets. If you travel by air, you are required to travel only by the national carrier, AIR INDIA with the tickets purchased only from Air India website or Air India booking counter. The air-fare for such candidate will be restricted to Three Tier A/C return train fare on production of tickets and boarding passes.
- Appointment for the post will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. The selected candidate shall be required to join immediately.
- Selected candidates for the above post will be governed by the National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules1972].
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications and experience will not entitle an applicant to be called for the recruitment process. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he fulfills the eligibility and other criteria. Recruitment authorities would be free to reject application not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment, and if erroneously appointed, such candidates shall be liable to be terminated from service if appointed.