This is a (hybrid) satellite meeting held at ICTS, Bangalore in parallel with the American Physical Society (APS) March meeting, in collaboration with APS during March, 14-18, 2022. The satellite meeting aims to gather the diverse condensed matter community in Bangalore working under the following sub-areas :
- Biophysics at the macroscale
- Biophysics at the nanoscale
- Computational materials design from first principles
- Emerging trends in soft and granular matter
- Non-equilibrium many-body systems
- Strongly Correlated systems : Experiments
- Strongly correlated systems : Theory
The aim of this meeting is two folds :
- Allow the large condensed matter community in Bangalore to interact with local groups - an aspect that was somewhat hindered in the past couple of years due to the pandemic. This will include a set of short talks by various groups working in the above focus areas.
- In collaboration with APS, allow access to the the researchers in Bangalore to the live streaming of the talks of the APS march meeting.
The Format :
- All the invited talks of the APS March meeting in Chicago will be live-streamed (available to registered participants) everyday between March 14-18, 2022 [18:30 PM-4:30 AM(+1) India time].
- The local talks and discussions will be held at ICTS with limited in-person attendance between March, 15-18 [13:30 PM-18:00 PM India time].
- Each day there will be two focussed sessions in parallel with talks by researchers from Bangalore with scope for extended discussions.
- The local talks will also be available online. Depending on the covid restrictions in place we may have to regulate the in person attendance.
- The tentative schedule will be available by March 9, 2022.
Participation from different research groups are welcome. Unfortunately due to limited time, we suggest the following :
Faculties in various institutes of Bangalore, please directly write to the email [firstname.lastname@example.org] with your area of interest from among the above seven themes by March 8, 2022
PhD students and postdocs should contact their research supervisors to nominate them by sending an email to [email@example.com] by March 8, 2022