PhD Degree Students
- Sanjay Jain, Thesis: Conformally Invariant Field Theory in 2-dims and Strings in Curved Space, 1987
Presently Professor and Head Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Delhi; Current research: Complexity theory, Evolutionary networks.
- R. Shankar, Thesis: Nambu-Jona-Lasinio Type Effective Actions for Large N Quantum Chromodynamics, 1987
Presently Professor, The Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Chennai; Current research: Field theory applications to condensed matter systems; study of Himalayan glaciers.
- Gautam Mandal, Thesis: An Approach to the Theory of Strings Based on the Space of 2-dim. Field Theories, 1989
Presently Senior Professor, Department of Theoretical Physics, TIFR; Current research: String theory, Quantum Gravity.
- Anirvan Sengupta, Thesis: String Backgrounds in 1+1 Dims., 1992
Presently, Professor, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Rutgers University, USA; Current research: Biological Physics, Condensed Matter Theory.
- Porus Lakdawala, Thesis: Complexity at the Edge of Order and Chaos, 1996
Presently, Senior system administrator, Oracle Corporation, California, USA.
- Justin Raj David, Thesis: String Theory and Black Holes, 1999
Presently, Professor and Chair Centre for High Energy Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore; Current research: String theory, Quantum Gravity.
- Pallab Basu, Thesis: Black Holes and the Finite Temperatures Gauge Theory, 2007
Presently, Senior Lecturer, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg; Current research: String theory, Quantum Gravity
Master's Degree Students
- V. Ramanan, M. Phil. Thesis: An Application of the Gauge Principle to Stock Market Analysis, 2005.
Presently, at Institutional Securities management, Morgan Stanley, Mumbai.