- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel (2014-2015)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, LPTMS, Universite Paris-sud, Orsay, France (2012-2014)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, PCT, ESPCI, Paris, France (2011-2012)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, CEA, Grenoble, France (2010-2011)
- PhD, Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India (2010)
- MSc, Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (2006).
- BSc, Physics, RKMVM, Belur, Howrah, India. (2004).
Research Interests :
Central theme of my research is to understand statistical properties of equilibrium and non-equilibrium systems.
My research interests include :
- Fluctuations and correlations in interacting many particle systems
- Non-linear hydrodynamics
- large deviations and finite size effects.
- Active particle systems
- Transport phenomena
- Stochastic process
- Resetting processes
- Dissipation in small stochastic systems
1. Amit Kumar Chatterjee, Postdoctoral Fellow
2. Prashant Singh, Graduate Student
3. Jitendra Kethepalli, Graduate Student [jointly with Manas Kulkarni]
4. Santanu Das, Research Associate
Statistical Physics 1.5 (core graduate school course, approximately 70 hours), Aug- Nov, 2016.
Short course on ”Random walks and Brownian motion” at IIT Gandhinagar, (2016).
Statistical Physics II (core graduate school course), Aug- Nov, 2017.
Short course on‘Interacting particle systems’ in Bangalore School on Statistical Physics IX, 2018.
Statistical Physics I (core graduate school course), Jan-Apr, 2019.
Statistical Physics I (core graduate school course), Jan-Apr, 2020.
Taught the tutorial classes of the course ’Statistical Mechanics and Condensed Matter’ in the Vigyan-Vidushi 2020 program organised by TIFR
Graduate Course on Advanced Statistical Mechanics (core), Sep-Dec, 2020.
53. Correlation and fluctuation in chain of active particles, Prashant Singh, Anupam Kundu
52. Resetting with stochastic return through linear confining potential, Deepak Gupta, Arnab Pal, Anupam Kundu
51. Local time for run and tumble particle, P. Singh and A. KunduArXiv:2011.04716
50. Local time of an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck particle, G. Kishore and A. Kundu, ArXiv:2010.06262
49. Covid-19: analytic results for a modified SEIR model and comparison of different intervention strategies,
Arghya Das, Abhishek Dhar, Srashti Goyal, and Anupam Kundu, medRxiv 2020.06.04.20122580
48. Stochastic resetting with stochastic returns using external trap Deepak Gupta, Carlos A Plata, Anupam Kundu, Arnab Pal, arXiv:2004.11679
47. Run-and-Tumble particle in inhomogeneous media in one dimension, Prashant Singh, Sanjib Sabhapandit, Anupam Kundu, arXiv:2004.11041
46. Universal scaling in active single-file dynamics, Pritha Dolai, Arghya Das, Anupam Kundu, Chandan Dasgupta, Abhishek Dhar, K. Vijay Kumar, Soft Matter, 2020,16, 7077-7087
45. Spatio-temporal spread of perturbations in a driven dissipative Duffing chain: an OTOC approach, Amit Kumar Chatterjee, Anupam Kundu, Manas Kulkarni, arXiv:2002.05629, Got accepted in Phys. Rev. E
44. Gap statistics of two interacting run and tumble particles in one dimension, Arghya Das, Abhishek Dhar, Anupam Kundu, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 53 345003, (2020)
43. Particles confined in arbitrary potentials with a class of finite-ranged interactions, A Kumar, M Kulkarni, A Kundu,
Phys. Rev. E 102, 032128, (2020)
42. Transport in a classical disordered nonlinear system: signatures of many-body localization, M Kumar, A Kundu, M Kulkarni, DA Huse, A Dhar, arXiv preprint arXiv:1911.03753
41. Anomalous Heat Transport in One Dimensional Systems: A Description using Non- local Fractional-Type Diffusion Equation, A Dhar, A Kundu, A Kundu, Frontiers in Physics 7, 159, (2019)
40. Motion of Brownian molecule in presence of absorbing boundaries, A. Pal, Isaac P. Castillo, A. Kundu,
Physical Review E 100 (4), 042128, (2019).
39. Symmetric exclusion process under stochastic resetting, U Basu, A Kundu, A Pal,
Physical Review E 100 (3), 032136
38. Harmonically confined particles with long-range repulsive interactions
S Agarwal, A Dhar, M Kulkarni, A Kundu, SN Majumdar, D Mukamel, G. Schehr, Physical Review Letters 123 (10), 100603
37. Generalised Arcsine laws for run-and-tumble particle in one dimension P. Singh, A. Kundu,
Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment 2019, 83205
36. Non-equilibrium dynamics of the piston in the Szilard engine D. Bhat, A. Dhar, A. Kundu, S. Sabhapandit,
EPL (Europhysics Letters) 127 (1), 10004, (2019)
35. Intermediate deviation regime for the full eigenvalue statistics in the complex Ginibre ensemble, B Lacroix-A-Chez-Toine, JAM Garz ́on, CSH Calva, IP Castillo, A Kundu, Satya N Majumdar, Gregory Schehr,
Physical Review E 100 (1), 012137, (2019)
34. Local time of diffusion with stochastic resetting,
A. Pal, R. Chatterjee, S. Reuveni, A. Kundu,
Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 52 (26), 264002, (2019)
33. Run-and-tumble particle in one-dimensional confining potential: Steady state, relaxation and first passage properties,
A. Dhar, A. Kundu, S N Majumdar, S. Sabhapandit, G. Schehr,
Physical Review E 99 (3), 032132, (2019)
32. Steady state of an active Brownian particle in a two-dimensional harmonic trap, K. Malakar, A. Das, A. Kundu, K. Vijay Kumar, A. Dhar,
Phys. Rev. E 101, 022610 (2020)
31. Derivation of fluctuating hydrodynamics and crossover from diffusive to anomalous transport in a hard-particle gas,
A. Miron, J. Cividini, A. Kundu, D. Mukamel,
Physical Review E 99 (1), 012124
30. Fractional equation description of an open anomalous heat conduction set-up, Aritra Kundu, C. Bernardin, Keji Saito, A. Kundu, A. Dhar,
Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment 2019 (1), 013205
29. Anomalous heat equation in a system connected to thermal reservoirs, Priyanka, A. Kundu, A. Dhar, A. Kundu, Physical Review E 98 (4), 042105, (2019).
28. Extreme statistics and index distribution in the classical 1d Coulomb gas, A. Dhar, A. Kundu, S. N. Majumdar, S. Sabhapandit, G. Schehr, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 51 (29), 295001
27. Light-cone spreading of perturbations and the butterfly effect in a classical spin chain, A. Das, S. Chakrabarty, A. Dhar, A. Kundu, D. A. Huse, R. Moessner, S. Sankar Ray, S. Bhattacharjee, Physical review letters 121 (2), 024101, (2018)
26. Steady state, relaxation and first-passage properties of a run-and-tumble particle in one-dimension,
K. Malakar, V. Jemseena, A. Kundu, K. Vijay Kumar, S. Sabhapandit, S. N. Majumdar, S. Redner, A. Dhar, J. Stat. Mech. (2018) 043215
25. Unusual equilibration of a particle in a potential with a thermal wall, D. Bhat, S. Sabhapandit, A. Kundu, Abhishek Dhar,
J. Stat. Mech. (2017) 113210.
24. Exact extremal statistics in the classical 1d Coulomb gas,
A. Dhar, A. Kundu, S. N. Majumdar, S. Sabhapandit, G. Schehr, Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 060601 (2017).
23. Einstein relation and hydrodynamics of nonequilibrium mass transport processes, A. Das, A. Kundu, P. Pradhan,
Phys. Rev. E 95, 062128 (2017).
22. Tagged particle in single-file diffusion with arbitrary initial conditions, J. Cividini, A. Kundu,
J. Stat. Mech. (2017) 083203.
21. Temperature profile and boundary conditions in an anomalous heat transport model, J. Cividini, A. Kundu, A. Miron and D. Mukamel,
J. Stat. Mech. (2017) 013203.
20. Exact correlations in a single-file system with a driven tracer, A. Kundu, J. Cividini,
Euro. Phys. Lett. 115, 5, (2016).
19. Diffusion under time-dependent resetting,
A. Pal, A. Kundu, M. Evans,
J. Phys A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 49, 22, (2016).
18. Correlation and fluctuation in Random Average Process on an infinite line with a driven tracer, J. Cividini, A. Kundu, S. N. Majumdar, D. Mukamel, J. Stat. Mech. (2016) 053212
17. Long range correlations in stochastic transport with energy and momentum conservation, A. Kundu, O. Hirschberg, D. Mukamel,
J. Stat. Mech: Theory and Experiment (3), 033108, (2016).
16. Exact gap statistics for the random average process on a ring with a tracer, J. Cividini, A. Kundu, S. N. Majumdar and D. Mukamel,
J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 49, No. 8, (2016).
15. Winding statistics of a Brownian particle on a ring, A. Kundu, A. Comtet, S. N. Majumdar,
J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 47, 385001 (2014).
14. Maximal distance travelled by N vicious walkers till their survival, A. Kundu, S. N. Majumdar, G. Schehr,
J. Stat. Phys. 157(1), pp. 124-157 (2014).
13. Energetic versus information-theoretic estimations of dissipation using a pair of magnetic colloidal particles,
S. Stusch, A. Kundu, T. Blondel, G. Verley, D. D ́emoulin, V. Miralles, D. Lacoste, J. Baudry, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 180604 (2014).
12. Non-invasive estimation of dissipation from non-equilibrium fluctuations in chemical reactions, S. Muy, A. Kundu and D. Lacoste, J. Chem. Phys. 139, 124109 (2013).
11. Exact Distributions of the Number of Distinct and Common Sites Visited by N Independent Random Walkers, A. Kundu, S. N. Majumdar, G. Schehr, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 220602 (2013).
10. Designing thermal transport in energy materials: A first principles approach, Derek A Stewart, Anupam Kundu, Wu Li, Lucas Lindsay, Natalio Mingo, David Broido,
Prepr. Pap.-Am. Chem. Soc., Div. Energy Fuels Chem. 2012, 57(2), 559
9. Nonequilibrium fluctuation theorem for systems under discrete and continuous feedback control, A. Kundu, Phys. Rev. E 86, 021107 (2012).
8. The role of light and heavy embedded nanoparticles on the thermal conductivity of SiGe alloys, A. Kundu, N. Mingo, D. A. Broido, and D. A. Stewart, Phys. Rev. B 84, 125426 (2011).
7. Application of importance sampling to the computation of large deviations in nonequilibrium processes, A. Kundu, S. Sabhapandit and A. Dhar, Phys. Rev. E 83, 031119 (2011).
6. Large deviation of heat flow in Harmonic chains, A. Kundu, S. Sabhapandit and A. Dhar, J. Stat. Mech. P03007, (2011).
5. Linear-response formula for finite-frequency thermal conductance of open systems, A. Dhar, O. Narayan, A. Kundu, K. Saito, Phys. Rev. E 83, 011101 (2011).
4. Time auto-correlation function and Green-Kubo formula for open system: A study on disordered harmonic chain, A. Kundu, Phys. Rev. E 82, 031131 (2010).
3. Fourier’s law and phonon localization in disordered harmonic crystals, A. Kundu,A. Chaudhuri, D. Roy, A. Dhar, J. Lebowitz and H. Sphon, Euro. Phys. Lett. 90, 40001 (2010).
2. Fourier’s law and phonon localization in mass disordered harmonic crystals, A. Chaudhuri, A. Kundu, D. Roy, A. Dhar, J. Lebowitz and H. Sphon, Phys. Rev. B 81, 064301 (2010).
1. The Green-Kubo formula for heat conduction in open systems, A. Kundu, A. Dhar and O. Narayan, J. Stat. Mech. L03001 (2009).