International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru
Area of Research: Non-equilibrium statistical physics, stochastic thermodynamics and Brownian motion
+91 80 6730 6310, +91 80 4653 6310
Research Interests :
Central theme of my research is to understand statistical properties of non-equilibrium systems.
My current research focuses on :
- Fluctuations and various correlations in interacting many particle systems, their behaviour at macroscopic scale, large deviations and finite size effects.
- Dissipation in small stochastic systems under manipulation, optimal control.
- Extremal and geometrical properties of Brownian trajectories.
Selected publications :
- Energetic versus information-theoretic estimations of dissipation using a pair of magnetic colloidal particles
S. Stusch, A. Kundu, T. Blondel, G. Verley, D. D ?emoulin, V. Miralles, D. Lacoste, J. Baudry, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 180604 (2014)
- Exact Distributions of the Number of Distinct and Common Sites Visited by N Independent Random Walkers, A. Kundu, S. N. Majumdar, G. Schehr, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 220602 (2013).
- Nonequilibrium fluctuation theorem for systems under discrete and continuous feedback control, A. Kundu, Phys. Rev. E 86, 021107 (2012).
- Large deviations of heat flow in harmonic chains
Anupam Kundu, Sanjib Sabhapandit, Abhishek Dhar J. Stat. Mech. (2011) P03007
- Fourier’s law and phonon localization in mass disordered harmonic crystals, A. Chaudhuri, A. Kundu, D. Roy, A. Dhar, J. Lebowitz and H. Sphon, Phys. Rev. B 81, 064301 (2010).