The Kavli Asian Winter School (KAWS) on Strings, Particles and Cosmology is a pan-Asian collaborative effort of high energy theorists from China, India, Japan and Korea to give young researchers in Asia an opportunity to come together and learn about the latest developments in high energy theory, from leading experts on the subject.
The Kavli Asian Winter School (KAWS 2018) will focus on the following topics (lecturers in parentheses)
- Conformal Bootstrap (Luis Alday (Univ. of Oxford, UK))
- Cosmology (Nima Arkani-Hamed (IAS, USA))
- Scattering Amplitudes (Freddy Cachazo (PITP, Canada))
- Supersymmetric gauge theories (Shiraz Minwalla (TIFR, India))
- Bulk reconstruction (Kyriakos Papadodimas (CERN,Switzerland))
- SYK Model (Vladimir Rosenhaus (KITP, USA)) + a special lecture by David Gross (KITP, USA)
- QFT dynamics in 2+1 dimensions (Nathan Seiberg (IAS, USA))
- Soft Theorems (Ashoke Sen (HRI, India))
As part of the school activities we will also have a Kavli Distinguished Lecture by David Gross (Jan. 8th), Vishveshwara Lecture by Kip thorne (Jan. 11th), Infosys-ICTS Chandrasekhar Lectures by Nathan Seiberg (Jan. 8th, 9th, 11th and 12th) and ICTS Distinguished Lecture by Hirosi Ooguri (Jan. 15th).
This school is aimed towards advanced graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and active researchers in the field.
This is the 12th in a series of Asian Winter Schools that have been organized on a rotating basis between China, Japan, Korea and India. We welcome students from all of these participating countries as well as students from outside.
All outstation participants who get selected will be provided accommodation. Limited travel support is available on request
The 2018 School is generously supported by the Kavli foundation. It is also partially supported by funds from Infosys foundation and Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP).
The previous Asian Winter Schools in this series have provided young researchers with opportunity for discussions with leading experts in different areas and also for initiating collaboration with other young researchers belonging to different countries participating in the activity. We hope the 2018 School will continue this tradition.
- Bin Chen (PKU, China)
- Rajesh Gopakumar (ICTS-TIFR, India)
- Koji Hashimoto (Osaka Univ., Japan)
- Yoshihisa Kitazawa (KEK, Japan)
- Bum-Hoon Lee (Sogang Univ., S.Korea)
- Kimyeong Lee (KIAS, S.Korea)
- Miao Li (ITP-CAS, China & Sun Yat-Sen Univ.,China)
- Jianxin Lu (Univ. of Sc. & Tech, China)
- Soonkeon Nam (Kyung Hee Univ., S.Korea)
- Hirosi Ooguri (Caltech USA & Kavli IPMU, Japan)
- Ashoke Sen (HRI, India)
- Sang Jin Sin (Hanyang Univ., S.Korea)
- Spenta Wadia (ICTS-TIFR, India)
- David Gross (KITP, USA)
- Andrew Strominger (Harvard Univ., USA)
- Hirotaka Sugawara (OIST, Japan)
- Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard Univ., USA)
*All the above lectures will be live webcasted.