This advanced level school is second in the series of schools being jointly organized by RRI and ICTS, following the highly successful 1st joint school. The present series is an off-shoot of an earlier series of schools entitled RRI School On Statistical Physics started in 2010 at the Raman Research Institute. The present school will be held at the ICTS campus.
This is a pedagogical school, aimed at bridging the gap between masters-level courses and topics in statistical physics at the frontline of current research. It is intended for Ph.D. students, post-doctoral fellows and interested faculty members at the college and university level.
List of topics to be covered and instructors:
- Introductory lectures on statistical physics - Abhishek Dhar (ICTS) and Sanjib Sabhapandit (RRI)
- Introduction to soft matter physics - D. Pine (NewYork)
- Directed percolation and Sandpile models - D. Dhar (TIFR)
- Statistical Mechanics of Systems with Long-Range Interactions - D. Mukamel (Weizmann Institute)
- Interacting particle systems - M. Barma (TIFR)
- Physics of Molecular Motors - D. Chowdhury (IITK)
- Large deviation functions and fluctuation relations in nonequilibrium systems - S. Sasa (Kyoto)