The primary aim of the Scientific Information Resource Center is to develop, organize, preserve and deliver information and scholarly resources for the ICTS community.
SIRC presently has a collection of 2000+ books covering the subjects as Astronomy and Astrophysics, Condensed Matter Physics, Mathematics, String Theory and Physical Biology. It subscribes to number of peer reviewed journals covering the above mentioned subject areas.
SIRC provides access to around 300 on-line journals. It has access to full text databases such as Springer Link, IOP Science and SIAM and bibliographic databases, such as MathSciNet. SIRC also subscribes to magazines and newspapers of general interest.
SIRC provides reference services, photocopying and inter-library loan. Library has OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) for searching books.
- Book Limit for faculty is 10 and for students, PDFs is 06 for a period of 45 days.
- The cards are not transferable. In the event of loss of a Reader Card, a duplicate card will be issued after a lapse of 30 days from the date of reporting the loss.
LOAN OF BOOKS AND PERIODICALS TO MEMBERS
- All books except reference books will be issued from SIRC. Reference books will be issued overnight only; Certain publications categorized as 'Not for Issue', will not be issued at all. They can be referred only in the SIRC.
- Handbooks, Dictionaries and Encyclopaedias will not be issued on loan.
- Books/Journals borrowed on the cards should be returned on or before the due date.
- Books are required to be presented physically at the SIRC for renewal. Books will be renewed only if there are no other reservations.
- Overdue books will not be renewed.
- A fine of Rs. 5/- per day will levied after the due date.
- If books are not returned or renewed even after two reminders and a final notice, the cost of book will be recovered from the pay bill of the defaulting borrower. If the book/publication is out of print, the total cost of the same plus one hundred percent or at the rate as decided by the competent authority will be recovered from the borrower.
- Books, Periodicals and any other material that have been taken out of the SIRC are liable to be recalled at any time and when so recalled, must be returned at once.
- Every reader must return all books in his/her possession to the SIRC for stock verification.
- A "No-Due" certificate issued by the SIRC should be obtained and produced to the administration before a person leaves the institute on long leave, gets transferred or submits resignation.
- Before entering the SIRC, readers are requested to deposit their belongings in the property rack.
- Before leaving the SIRC, readers should leave the books/journals in the book trolleys. They need NOT replace the books on the shelves.
- Smoking, Eatables, loud conversation and similar objectionable practices are not allowed in or around the SIRC premises.
- Readers are requested not to write and mark upon or damage any book, periodical or any other material belonging to the SIRC.
- The SIRC staff at the counter are authorized to examine everything that passes into or out of the SIRC.
- The SIRC will ordinarily observe the following hours: 8:30am to 10:30 pm.
- Issues and Returns from 9:30am to 5:30 pm.
- No Issues/Returns on Saturdays, Sundays and other notified holidays.
- Elsevier Science Direct Journals (1995+)
- Elsevier Journals Backfiles (1826-1994)
- Oxford Journals Science Archive (1878-1995)
- Springer Journals (1997+)
- Springer Journals Archives (1853-1996)
- Taylor & Francis Journals (phy. & Math)(1997+)
- Taylor & Francis Journals Archives(phy. & Math)(1798-1996)
- Wiley Journals (Core + Custom) (1997+)
- Wiley Journals Archive (1799-1996)
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics
- American Mathematical Society Translations : Series 2- Vol..1-234
- Contemporary Mathematics (ECONM) : Vol. 1- 726
- Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics (EPSPUM) : Vol. 1-96
- Proceedings of Symposia in Applied Mathematics (EPSAPM) : Vol. 1-73
- Colloquium Publications(ECOLL) : Vol. 1-62,64
- Fields Institute Monographs(EFIM) : Vol. 1-28
- Graduate Studies in Mathematics(EGSM) : Vol. 1-187
- Conformal Geometry and Dynamics (Free Access)
- Electronic Research Announcements (Free Access)
- Journal of the American Mathematical Society(JAMS)
- Mathematics of Computation(MCOM)
- Memories of American Mathematical Society(MEMO)
- Proceedings of American Mathematical Society:Series B (Free Access)
- Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society(PROC)
- Representation Theory (Free Access)
- Transactions of American Mathematical Society: Series B (Open Access)
- Transactions of American Mathematical Society(TRAN)
- St. Petersburg Mathematical Journal (SPMJ)
- Sugaku Expositions (SUGAE)
- Theory of Probability and Mathematical Statistics (TPMS)
- Transactions of the Moscow Mathematical Society(MOSC)
- Abstracts of the American Mathematical Society
- Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society
- Notices of the American Mathematical Societyels
- Physical Review - A : Vol. 99-100
- Physical Review - B : Vol. 99-100
- Physical Review - C : Vol. 99-100
- Physical Review - D : Vol. 99-100
- Physical Review - E : Vol. 99-100
- Physical Review Applied : Vol. 11-12
- Physical Review Fluids : Vol. 4
- Physical Review Materials : Vol. 3
- Physical Review Letters : Vol. 122-123
- Reviews of Modern Physics : Vol. 89
- Advances In Applied Probability
- Combinatorics, Probability and Computing
- Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems
- Journal of Applied Probability
- Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society
- Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh Section A: Mathematics
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics
AMS E-Books Series
- News Papers:
- Vijaya Vani (Kannada)
- Business Line
- The Hindu
- Deccan Herald
- Times of India
- Scientific Magazines:
- New Scientist (Weekly)
- Scientific American (Monthly)
- National Geographic Magazine (Monthly)
- The Economist (Weekly)
- Popular Science (Quarterly)
- Popular Mechanics (Monthly)
- Science India (Monthly)
- Art Magazine:
- Marg (Quarterly)
- General Magazines:
- Sudha ( Kannada) (Weekly)
- The Week (Weekly)
- India Today (Weekly)
- Down to Earth (Fortnightly)
- Time (Weekly)
- Front Line (Fortnightly)
- Reader’s Digest (Monthly)
- At Right Angles (Azim Premji University Mathematics Magazine) (Triannual)
- I Wonder (Azim Premji University) (Half yearly )
- Connect (Quarterly)
- Money-OutLook (Monthly)
- Scientific Magazines:
Anuradha G Kotabagi
International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS),
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Survey No. 151, Shivakote,
Bengaluru North - 560 089, India.
Tel: +91 - 80 - 4653 6080
Email : library @ icts . res . in/ libraryhelp @ icts . res . in
Website : www.icts.res.in