This is an annual discussion meeting of the Indian statistical physics community which is attended by scientists, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students, from across the country, working in the broad area of statistical physics.
This meeting will cover all the 10 Topics covered at STATPHYS meetings, namely, :
General and mathematical aspects of statistical physics thermodynamics, rigorous results, exact solutions, random matrices, stochastic field theory, information theory, optimizations, etc.
- Phase transitions and critical phenomena equilibrium and nonequilibrium.
- Nonequilibrium processes driven systems, transport theory, relaxation and response dynamics, random processes, anomalous diffusion, fluctuation theorems, large deviations, etc.
- Soft matter polymers, gels, liquid crystals, microemulsions, foams, membranes, colloids, granular materials, etc.
- Fluids and interfacial phenomena molecular and ionic fluids, metastable liquids, hydrodynamic instabilities, turbulence, growth processes, wetting, surface effects, films, crystals, confined systems, etc.
- Nonlinear dynamics dynamical systems, chaos (classical and quantum), pattern formation, chemical reactions, etc.
- Quantum systems strongly correlated electrons, cold atoms, graphene, soft quantum matter, mesoscopic quantum phenomena, fractional quantum Hall effect, low dimensional quantum field theory, quantum phase transitions, quantum information and entanglement, etc.
- Disordered and glassy systems percolation, spin glasses, structural glasses, jamming, glass transition, algorithmic problems, SAT, etc.
- Biophysics and biologically motivated problems molecular motors, dynamics at the scale of the cell, spatio-temporal organization in biological systems, biological membranes, biopolymer folding, genomics, biological networks, evolution models, evolutionary game theory, etc.
- Interdisciplinary topics in statistical physics networks and graphs, applied networks, econophysics, social phenomena, traffic flow, etc.