The staff are required to strictly follow the set of guidelines listed below:
- CCF staff are trained in CPR and basic first aid procedures.
- CCF staff are expected to maintain the best standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene, including frequent washing of hands, frequent use of anti-lice treatments etc.
- Children may not be left unattended except when sleeping. Staff must periodically check on sleeping infants.
- Each CCF staff member, including teachers, are responsible for children's cleanliness.
- CCF staff are required to ensure that they minimize the possibilities of diseases by washing toys that are licked, ensuring that children do not eat from each other's plates (also see allergy-related information) etc. In any event, toys must be frequently cleaned and dusted.
- CCF staff must ensure a dust-free and insect-free and arachnid-free (ants, cockroaches / spiders etc.) environment.
- CCF staff is required to maintain a regular schedule of cleaning and washing of toys, linen (weekly) and curtains (monthly). These must be noted as entries in a cleaning log book.
Rules of engagement
- Maintain the children’s file of artwork and other activities. A daily plan of activities must be put up on the display board for all to see. Materials for activities organized by teachers need to be done and kept ready on the day required. This is the responsibility of the staff. Activities must be timed such they take into account the shorter attention spans of young children. Children must be provided with positive and constructive feedback for all their activities.
- Staff may not engage in extended social chats, any form of social engagements.Staff is required to be courteous and polite to the parents under all circumstances. Any substantial criticisms or suggestions must be immediately brought to the attention of CCF coordinator.
- CCF staff must treat all children equally. No special favours will be allowed and children should not be compared with each other. On occasion, threat of punishments or brief punishments (such as time-outs) may be employed. Foul language or public displays of temper in front children and other forms of unprofessional behavior are strictly prohibited.
- Be truthful and honest as we are role models for the children; sharing your difficulties in disciplining children with the coordinator and respective parents. Take a break if any child is making you particularly upset on a day.
- Beating and pinching is strictly prohibited and we have zero tolerance for it, the caregiver will be removed from work.
- Unannounced, unpermitted leave is strictly prohibited. Leave must be taken with full knowledge of CCF coordinator and other staff member. CCF committee and coordinator will be the ultimate arbitrators of leave matters.
- Common areas such as kitchen, corridors, sleeping areas, and toilets must be impeccably maintained at all times. All furniture and toys must be child-proofed. CCF staff are required to try anticipating problems before they arise.
- Children's lunch should precede staff's lunch. Staff lunch should occur in shifts to ensure that there is always supervision of children.
- CCF is an open facility. Apart from parents,family members of CCF children are allowed visits during the CCF working hours with prior intimation to the coordinator.
- CCF staff encourages all children under the age of 3 to take an afternoon nap.
- Because CCF is facility that spans ages from infant to toddler to school going, our staff can provide help with basic toilet training as a supplement to the training at home.