The discussion meeting will focus on current research topics in the study of geophysical phenomena, and in particular, observational studies and mathematical modelling of the complex systems of interest to earth scientists. One of the aims will be to encourage interactions between domain specialists in earth sciences, mathematicians, and physicists.
Confirmed list of speakers:
- M. Lakshmanan, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli
- A S Vasudeva Murthy, TIFR Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore
- Kusala Rajendran, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Anirban Guha, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Partha Guha, SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
- Attreyee Ghosh, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Vishal Vasan, International Centre for Theoretical Sciences - TIFR, Bangalore
- Argha Banerjee, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, Pune
- Samriddhi Sankar Ray , International Centre for Theoretical Sciences - TIFR, Bangalore
- Sylvain Mangiarotti, Centre d’Etudes Spatiales de la Biosphère, Toulouse, France
- Ramancharla Pradeep Kumar, International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Sanjay Puri, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
In addition, the fellows of the DCS-2016 summer program will present their research projects.